We are all well rehearsed when it comes to adhering to lockdown and pandemic guidelines. Please help us to get and keep the show on the road by observing these current guidelines, designed to keep you the audience, and the Giffords Circus company safe and socially distant at all times.
- THE TWO METRE RULE – Whilst at the circus or queuing to get into the show please always observe the two-metre rule leaving space between your group and others.
- TRACK & TRACE – Track & Trace QR codes will be available at entrances and should be used by the main party member. If you do not have the Track & Trace App, we require you to leave your contact details on the forms provided.
- SEATING – We will seat people in the tent at one metre plus with a seat between groups. Please do not be offended if you are unable to choose your own seats as we need to seat people quickly.
- ONE WAY SYSTEM – On being seated you will be notified of your nearest exit and re-entry point. Please use these if you need to leave the tent during the show.
- NEW BUCKET SEATS – We have new bucket seats in the tent which observe the one metre plus rule – this also allows groups to leave an empty chair between them and the next group along. All seats are forward facing.
- GROUP SIZE – Groups must be a maximum of six people including children and babies, unless your group is one household greater than six people. If you are two households then the maximum group sitting together will be six, if you are in a larger group, we ask that on entering the Circus tent you divide into smaller groups and leave an empty seat between groups.
- CONSUMING FOOD – When consuming food at the circus please eat it away from the wagons and the queuing area. Food is available pre and post show and during the interval. Food and drink can be taken into the tent to eat.
- NEW LICENSED BAR – We now have a licensed bar on site open for drinks pre and post show and during the interval, it is also open for those dining in Circus Sauce in the evening, please note there is no longer the option to bring your own bottles.
- CASHLESS PAYMENTS – Please use our contactless card machines wherever possible. All machines are being cleaned regularly to protect you and our staff.
- SEATING CAPACITY – Our seating capacity is at 50% and is dependent on one-metre plus for social distancing following Government Guidelines.
- VENTILATION IN THE TENT – We will lift the sides of the tent to increase ventilation and monitor CO2 levels, you may wish wear warm clothes when the weather is cold.
- FACE COVERINGS – Wearing face coverings is compulsory within the big top (unless you are eating and drinking) and enclosed spaces such as the front of house tent and toilet facilities. If you forget your face covering, we will have spare ones available and if you are medically exempt then please have your badge on show.
- HAND SANTISER – Hand sanitiser use will be compulsory at each entrance and exit of the tent and pay points on site.
- CLEANING REGIME – Enhanced cleaning and sanitation to touch points between shows.
- SCREENS – Staff serving on site will be protected by screens at pay points and use hand sanitizer.
- THE SHOP – Merchandise will not be able to be touched or tried on before purchase.
- GENTLE REMINDERS – Our Front of House assistants will be available to guide the public and remind everyone of social distancing.
- AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION – There will be no audience participation or close contact between audience and performers and we are really sad that there will be no dancing in the ring at end.
- KEEPING THE COMPANY SAFE – Staff and performers will undergo regular lateral flow tests and daily symptoms checks.
These guidelines will be regularly reviewed and updated on the Giffords Circus website on the NEWS pages. Please contact us should you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 3/14th May 2021